I. Name and address of the controller
Im Bosseldorn 30
Tel.: +49 6221 435 4095
II. Name and address of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of the controller, according to Article 37 GDPR:
Herr Rechtsanwalt Frank Eckerkunst
c/o ITWerk Giessen GmbH*
Tel.: +49 641 96993-0
* Insurance information:
Information on professional liability insurance:
There is a financial loss liability insurance insured at:
Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd.
Zweigniederlassung für die Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Räumlicher Geltungsbereich der Versicherung: Europa
Spatial scope of insurance: Europe
Sum insured for Property damage liability: 1 Mio €
III. General information about data processing
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
‘restriction of processing’ means the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future;
‘profiling’ means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements;
‘pseudonymisation’ means the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person;
‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
‘processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
‘recipient’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing;
‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data;
‘consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her; of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her;
2) Extent of processing of personal data
3) Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Bei der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten, die zur Erfüllung eines Vertrages, dessen Vertragspartei die betroffene Person ist, erforderlich ist, dient Art.6 Abs.1 lit.b DSGVO als Rechtsgrundlage. Dies gilt auch für Verarbeitungsvorgänge, die zur Durchführung vorvertraglicher Maßnahmen erforderlich sind.
Soweit eine Verarbeitung personenbezogener Daten zur Erfüllung einer rechtlichen Verpflichtung erforderlich ist, der unser Unternehmen unterliegt, dient Art.6 Abs.1 lit.c DSGVO als Rechtsgrundlage.
Für den Fall, dass lebenswichtige Interessen der betroffenen Person oder einer anderen natürlichen Person eine Verarbeitung personenbezogener Daten erforderlich machen, dient Art.6 Abs.1 lit.d DSGVO als Rechtsgrundlage.
Ist die Verarbeitung zur Wahrung eines berechtigten Interesses unseres Unternehmens oder eines Dritten erforderlich und überwiegen die Interessen, Grundrechte und Grundfreiheiten des Betroffenen das erstgenannte Interesse nicht, so dient Art.6 Abs.1 lit.f DSGVO als Rechtsgrundlage für die Verarbeitung.
Wir verzichten als verantwortungsbewusstes Unternehmen auf ein Profiling oder eine andere automatisierte Entscheidungsfindung.
4) Data erasure and storage duration
IV. Use of our internet offer
1. Supply of the website and creation of log files
Each time our website is accessed, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the calling computer. The following data is collected here:
Folgende Daten werden hierbei erhoben:
(1) Information about browser type and version used
(2) The operating system of the user
(3) The Internet service provider of the user
(4) The IP address of the user
(5) Date and time of access
(6) Websites from which the system of the user comes to our website
(7) Web sites accessed by the user’s system through our website
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. A storage of this data together with other personal data of the user does not take place. The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and logfiles is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to allow delivery of the website to the computer of the user. To do this, the user’s IP address must be kept for the duration of the session. Storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data is used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context. For these purposes, our legitimate interest lies in the processing of data in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The data will be deleted or anonymized after reaching the purpose of their collection, so that an assignment of the called client is no longer possible. The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is essential for the operation of the website. There is consequently no contradiction on the part of the user.
Rechtsgrundlage für die vorübergehende Speicherung der Daten und der Logfiles ist Art.6 Abs.1 lit.f DSGVO. Die vorübergehende Speicherung der IP-Adresse durch das System ist notwendig, um eine Auslieferung der Website an den Rechner des Nutzers zu ermöglichen. Hierfür muss die IP-Adresse des Nutzers für die Dauer der Sitzung gespeichert bleiben. Die Speicherung in Logfiles erfolgt, um die Funktionsfähigkeit der Website sicherzustellen. Zudem dienen uns die Daten zur Optimierung der Website und zur Sicherstellung der Sicherheit unserer informationstechnischen Systeme. Eine Auswertung der Daten zu Marketingzwecken findet in diesem Zusammenhang nicht statt. In diesen Zwecken liegt auch unser berechtigtes Interesse an der Datenverarbeitung nach Art.6 Abs.1 lit.f DSGVO. Die Daten werden nach Erreichung des Zwecks ihrer Erhebung gelöscht oder anonymisiert, sodass eine Zuordnung des aufgerufenen Clients nicht mehr möglich ist. Die Erfassung der Daten zur Bereitstellung der Website und die Speicherung der Daten in Logfiles ist für den Betrieb der Internetseite zwingend erforderlich. Es besteht folglich seitens des Nutzers keine Widerspruchsmöglichkeit.
Description and scope of data processing, legal basis, purpose, duration of storage, possibility of revocation and disposal
a) We use technically cookies. They are necessary to make our website more user-friendly. Some elements of our website require that the calling browser be identified even after a page break. The following data are usually stored and transmitted in the cookies:
– language settings
b) If we also use other cookies on our website (technically not necessary), which allow an analysis of the surfing behavior of the users, the following data can usually be transmitted in this way:
– Entered search terms
– Frequency of page views
– Use of website features
– IP Address
– Browser data
– Transfer of language settings
– Remember keywords
– Remember general settings for cookies
3. Registration function
4. Contact possibility
5. Data protection in applications and in the application process
6. Using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, XING, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube
If we use plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Xing, Youtube on our website, you will recognize the respective plug-ins by the respective company logo. With the inclusion of texts, pictures and videos buttons you can use buttons to show their favor on the respective page.
By accessing our website, a direct connection is established between your server and the social media server via the respective components of the social media service. For example, Facebook receives the information that you have visited our website with your IP address. If you click on the respective “Like Button” while you are logged into the desired social media account, you can link the offers and contents of our website to your network profile. In addition, if you are logged in to a particular social media page while the link is activated, the social networking provider may be able to identify your username and real name from the data, content and features you have transferred Assign information to your personal social network user account.
The social networking servers are located in both the United States and other European Union countries. You should be aware that the respective companies are subject to their own data protection and in general personal data may not be protected to the full extent as is the case in the Member States of the European Union.
To use Google+, you need a public Google Account that is visible worldwide. In addition, as a rule, the following data can be transmitted to the provider of the social network:
• IP Address
• the date and time of using our website
• the address of the website containing the attached link
• information about the operating system and the browser
In addition, you should know that we have no influence on the range of data processing by the providers of social networks. For example, the Xing Share Button does not store any personal information. Xing does not evaluate your IP address or user behavior. However, if you are logged in to Xing at the time of your visit, you may be able to use your account information to relate to the visit to our site.
Further information about the several social media services can be found here:
Für nähere Informationen über die Datenschutzrichtlinien besuchen Sie bitte die jeweiligen Seiten der oben genannten sozialen Netzwerke.
Weitere Informationen zu den einzelnen Social Media Diensten finden Sie hier:
Google Ireland Ltd, Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Irland
Facebook Ireland Ltd. 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Irland
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland
Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Irland
Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07 IRLAND
XING SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg
Google Ireland Ltd, Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Irland
7. Use of Google AdSense
8. Use of Google Analytics with anonymization function
9. Use of Google AdWords
10. Use of GoogleFonts
11. Use of Google Maps
12. Use of PayPal as payment method
13. Use of Sofortüberweisung as payment method
Sie können Sofortüberweisung als Zahlungsart verwenden, wenn Sie über ein freigeschaltetes Online-Banking-Konto mit PIN-/TAN-Verfahren verfügen. Bitte beachten Sie, dass einige wenige Banken die Zahlung per Sofortüberweisung noch nicht unterstützen. Weitere Informationen und genauere Erläuterungen finden Sie unter dem Link: https://www.klarna.com/sofort/#cq-0.
V. Rights of the data subject
1. Right of access by the data subject
You shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, in that case, access to the personal data and the following information:
(1) the purposes of the processing;
(2) the categories of personal data concerned;
(3) the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
(4) the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
(5) the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
(6) the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
(7) where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
(8) the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Art. 22 (1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject;
Where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, You shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR relating to the transfer.
2. Right to rectification
3. Right to restriction of processing
You shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
1. The accuracy of the personal data is contested by them, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
2. the processing is unlawful and you are opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
3. the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you are required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
4. you has objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Where processing has been restricted, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the data subject’s consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
4. Right to erasure
a) You shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
(1) the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
(2) They withdraws consent on which the processing is based according to point (a) of Ar. 6 (1), or point (a) of Art. 9 (2) GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
(3) you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR;
(4) the personal data have been unlawfully processed
(5) the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
(6) the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Art. 8 (1) GDPR.
Information an Dritte
Where the controller has made the personal data public and is obliged to erase the personal data according to Art. 17 (1) GDPR, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that the data subject has requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
The right to erasure shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:
(1) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
(2) for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Art. 9 (2) GDPR as well as Art. 9 (3) GDPR;
(4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 (1) GDPR in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
(5) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
5. Right to information
Ihnen steht gegenüber dem Verantwortlichen das Recht zu, über diese Empfänger unterrichtet zu werden.
6. Right to data portability
(1) the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Art. 6 (1) or point (a) of Art. 9 (2) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR; and
(2) the processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising his or her right to data portability pursuant these rights, the data subject shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible and the right shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. That right shall not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Das Recht auf Datenübertragbarkeit gilt nicht für eine Verarbeitung personenbezogener Daten, die für die Wahrnehmung einer Aufgabe erforderlich ist, die im öffentlichen Interesse liegt oder in Ausübung öffentlicher Gewalt erfolgt, die dem Verantwortlichen übertragen wurde.
7. Right to object
Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, You shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes. In the context of the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58 (EC), you may exercise his or her right to object by automated means using technical specifications.
Widersprechen Sie der Verarbeitung für Zwecke der Direktwerbung, so werden die Sie betreffenden personenbezogenen Daten nicht mehr für diese Zwecke verarbeitet. Sie haben die Möglichkeit, im Zusammenhang mit der Nutzung von Diensten der Informationsgesellschaft – ungeachtet der Richtlinie 2002/58/EG – Ihr Widerspruchsrecht mittels automatisierter Verfahren auszuüben, bei denen technische Spezifikationen verwendet werden.
8. Right to revoke the data protection consent declaration
9. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Art. 78 GDPR.